Coping with Anxiety
Is anxiety taking over your life? Does it feel like you can’t control it no matter how hard you try? Have you already tried therapy but found it ineffective?
If this sounds like you, I’m confident I can help. Therapy can help to discover the underlying causes of your worries and fear. I can teach you evidence based progressive muscle relaxation using my own voice recorded PMR which guides you through the process. I will show you how to use mindfulness to assist with living your life everyday in a new less frightening way. Together we can work on developing better coping mechanisms and problem-solving skills.
If you suffer from anxiety, I invite you to contact me today and discuss how we can work together for solutions.
When it comes to treating anxiety disorders, research shows that therapy is usually the most effective option. That’s because anxiety therapy – as opposed to anxiety medication – treats more than just symptoms to the problem.
Often, these are the symptoms of anxiety:
- Nervousness, restlessness or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Obsessions about certain ideas, a sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past, a sign of post-traumatic stress disorder